Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going away for awhile....

I am headed to my mother's home to help her with my step-dad, who is more like my dad and only 61. He has terminal cancer. It is in his lung, liver, and bones. The doctor told them today that there is nothing more that they can do and they asked if they wanted hospice. My dad did not like that idea, so instead, they are sending out a home-health nurse just to administer pain meds and such. I have come to realize that the cancer is the most awful way to die. Not only is the patient suffering long term, so are the loved ones left to watch you die.

I am not sure when I will return because I plan to be there as long as she needs me. I believe family is very important. With family, our faith, and our love for each other, we will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment