Saturday, June 20, 2009

Family Life

Sorry, I haven't been able to post any deals this morning as usual because I went out-of-town yesterday evening. My step-dad, who is more like my dad than my real dad, has terminal cancer and my mom needed some advice on some insurance matters that has arisen. Bless their hearts. I wish I could do more than just read the papers and explain to them what they are saying and what the best option would be. I wish I could discover a cure for the illness. I hate seeing him suffer and her having to sit there and watch him. It is not only hurting one of them; it is killing both of them. The good news is that the insurance is still in effect and that my step-dad has not lost his sense of humor. The hard part is making all the arrangements for his funeral. He has been a major part in telling us his wishes from chosing the pallbearers, the preacher, the clothes, and the music. It is very emotional, but it is something that needs to be done. The doctor's have said that he has less than 6 months, but we are hoping for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment